The fifth person to be elected Mayor of Highland Heights, Mayor Schneider was born in Germany in 1875. He moved to the Cleveland area at the turn of the century and worked as a bookkeeper for the American Fork and Hoe Co. His family raised sheep and grew many vegetables on his property in Highland Heights. Mayor Schneider also volunteered his services in the Spanish American War.
During Mayor Schneider’s term, together with City Council, he entered into an agreement to purchase the old Highland Road School to be used as a Village Hall. The site was the home of City Hall until the construction of the current Municipal Complex in 1984. Mr. Schneider’s administration was also responsible for the dedication of Ridgebury Boulevard as a city street.