Planning & Zoning Commission
Powers & Duties of the Commission
Charter of the City of Highland Heights; Section 6.04.01:
The Commission shall have the power and duty to consider, recommend approval or disapproval before any other action is taken thereon regarding the following:
- The plan, design, location, removal, relocation and alteration of any streets or Municipal property including public and private utilities.
- The location, relocation, widening, extension and vacation of streets, parkways, playgrounds, and other Municipal places.
- The approving of plans for the subdivision, consolidation or division of any land.
- The zoning of the Municipality for any lawful purpose or purposes.
The Commission shall have power to hear and determine appeals from refusal of building, zoning and use permits and to permit exceptions to and variations from the Zoning and Building Code regulations in individual cases as may be required to afford justice and avoid unreasonable hardship to property owners or users in accordance with standards established by ordinance of Council.
- 2nd and 4th Monday of the Month
- 7 p.m.
- City Hall Council Chamber
5827 Highland Road
Highland Heights, OH 44143.
The Commission does not meet on the 4th Monday during July or the 2nd Monday during August.
Click here Version OptionsPlanning & Zoning CommissionHeadline for the 2023 meeting schedule.
Attendance is required by the applicant or representative for all scheduled meetings.
Request a Hearing
Requests for a hearing with the Planning and Zoning Commission must be submitted no later than 4:30 PM on the Wednesday prior to the meeting date in order to be placed on the agenda. Submit the completed variance application along with the appropriate fee and seven (7) sets of drawings to the Building Department located within City Hall at 5827 Highland Road, Highland Htts., OH.
Agendas & Minutes
- Sean Milroy, Council Representative
- Vince Adamus
- Bradley Hull
- Joe Mercurio
- Bill Urban @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>