During Mayor Sheahan’s term, Wilson Mills Road became a 4-lane highway which was a major factor in the growth of the City of Highland Heights. Other civic accomplishments during Mayor Sheahan’s term were the extension of water lines to all streets and the formation of an auxiliary police force that provided around the clock police protection in Highland Heights for the first time. Mr. Sheahan had served 2 terms on Council before he was elected mayor in 1954. And in 1965, he was again elected to Council.
Mayor Sheahan was a very popular man and was liked by many. For years, the piece of land on Bishop Road just south of Swagelok (and currently owned by Swagelok) was affectionately known as Sheahan Park. This land was the home of the annual Home Days event as well as the site of baseball and football games, even though the land at the time was owned by the county.
Mr. Sheahan was an honorary life member of the Fraternal Order of Eagles and belonged to St. Paschal Baylon Church and the Highland Heights Card Club. He enjoyed fishing and hiking and was an honorary member of the Cleveland Hiking Club.